While each property is unique and no two lawns are the same, a good landscape contractor will provide customized services, but start at the same point and with the same basics that every lawn will benefit from:
- Lawn analysis. It's critical to assess the current condition of your lawn and put together a unique treatment plan to improve or maintain your turf health.
- Fertilization. Nutrients in fertilizer like nitrogen, phosphorus and lime will help keep your grass full, vibrant and healthy.
- Pest and weed control. Weeds and insects tend to invade all lawns at some point. An experienced landscape contractor will work to prevent pests and minimize weed growth.
- Soil aeration. In some lawn areas, especially those that get heavy traffic are prone to soil compaction. This prevents ideal grass growth. Soil aeration can loosen your soil which helps grass receive nutrients and provide room for grass to grow.
- Mowing and edging. Cutting grass at the appropriate height and times is also a key component to keeping your lawn in good health.
The cost for lawn maintenance can vary depending on the size of your yard and how much you want to hire a contractor to do vs. doing it yourself. A landscape contractor can charge $200 or $2000 for the entire season depending on all of the factors to consider. Some lawns are in poor condition and bad health requiring more help while others are in great shape and just need healthy upkeep. Some homeowners enjoy mowing, while others would rather hand over that task.
Typically a professional landscaper will come to your home to assess your property, explain what services your lawn would benefit from and provide you with an estimate for lawn maintenance. You work with the landscaper to determine what your needs are and what your budget is. From there, the landscaper can provide you with a schedule of when to expect services. Some fertilizers and weed or pest controls are best applied at certain times of the season. Mowing is typically offered weekly or bi-weekly, depending on the customers needs and wants.
If you'd like to learn more about lawn maintenance, give us a call at Nice and Green Landscape: 774-259-9998.